Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve
Located in Saptari and Sunsari districts in eastern Nepal, the Koshi Tappu Safari covers the vast expanse Koshi River with its blue waters and lush jungle areas on both sides. it’s considered as the major attraction of the safari. The forest is the homeland of wild buffaloes, hog deer, wild boar, spotted deer, blue bell and jackals. The vegetation of this area is mainly tall khar-pater grassland with a few patches of Khair-sissoo scrub forest and deciduous mixed river line jungle.
You can explore the forest of Koshi Tappu safari riding on elephant back. Here you will see the hattisar (elephant stable) where elephant breed regularly and which is one of few such facilities in Asia. During the Koshi Tappu Safari at dusk and dawn time you will see many varieties of birds and animals sitting along the river. The best place to watch the bird species is the Barrage, downstream of the river.
- Explore the Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve
- Observe the local culture and tradition
- Interact with kind and Warm hearted People
- Bird Watching
- Rafting on Sapata Koshi River
- Drive to the Koshi Barrage to view some bird-life and fresh water Dolphins
- Pink Tower
- Endangered Gangetic Dolphin
- Enjoy and explore the varieties of birds